Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fall is in the air, and I can only think I've had such a wonderful summer. Starting with a week in Cape Cod at the Make Mine Pink retreat, then visiting family in Chicago, then going on art walks with great friends, visiting local artists studios, even taking some classes to become more creative, and learn about how to recycle more into ART! Here's a few of my favorite pics.




The Breakers mansion in Newport RI..I could have stayed forever it was gorgeous..thanks Marie for suggesting that.



Cute little gift shops all along the roadside..I think we stopped in all of them...well we wanted too!
One of many art studios I visited, was Rebecca Devere's in Kirkland WA.. close to where I live..I signed up for classes to learn a technique called Picasiette...Rebecca makes and cuts all of her own tiles. She taught us this technique..shown is her tiled salmon..it's gorgeous about 5 ft in length.. currently being shown at Gallery One in Ellensburg WA. Visit her site.she has amazing shrines and tiled art and paintings.




The CUPCAKE shrine I made at her class..I had so much fun making this! I think I know what to do with some of my imperfect ceramic pieces...!









1 comment:

Carolee Crafts said...

This looks like an addictive hobby or addition to your talents, love the cupcake, very pretty.

The views are so special what a treat all those gift shops.